Sunday, June 1, 2014

Day 22 - Alicante, primo and paella

Sunday morning church in Campello was like going back in time to a small church where everyone knew each other. My brother Joe shared the message that morning. David was invited to play in the band along with his two cousins who play the violin. Joe shared some great words to encourage us in the faith. We had pollo asado for lunch (rotisserie chicken), which is always good in Spain...I think they add wine and other goodness to it).

In the afternoon my cousin Jose Maria Platillero came to visit with me. He has taken over his father, my uncle José's, family printing business, which was started by my grandfather. It is really tough to run a business in Spain with all of the laws and regulations that make it very difficult to keep good people. I really enjoyed time with my cousin as I feel we are kindred spirits.

For dinner, David and I took all of the teenagers to Campello where we went for a long walk along the beach and then had a paella made for us at a restaurant there.  It is such a blessing to get to know these wonderful children as they are each beginning to reach adulthood.

After sharing lots of stories from growing up and talking a bit about their future and God's plans for their lives, we headed home after midnight. A wonderful way to end our last full day in Alicante, a land I love.

1 comment:

  1. Great that you got to be with primo! I know he enjoys talking with you. I can't believe they served Paella for dinner... what are you, a tourist??

    ReplyDelete